Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Art Of Movement

The World Is My Play Ground

Hello reader! here I am again! Its late at night but I couldn't sleep...still can't practice so I have a lot of extra energy I do not know what to do with it xD So I was reading my first post titled "What is Parkour?" and even if it explains what Parkour is, I am not happy with it! Why? Because I was trying to express what is Parkour for me and what do I feel when I training, and I didn't achieve this.

So consider this "round 2"; I will not talk about techniques or movements this time ( but I will in the future, so keep in touch for the new posts to come! =D ).

So why Parkour? Why when  most of the people just walk, sit or shop I choose to jump or run like the wind? I wonder many times why do I feel so good when practice Parkour and why nobody teached me something like this back in school or even in my home....and thats what I want to answer in this post, so wish me luck xD


I never said how older I am, but is not a secret, I am 25 years old! But all this started when i was much more younger....just running...I remenber no matter what problem I had in my head, running always helped me in the past to reach a little clarity...whenever I felt confuse I just went running maybe less than one hour and when I was back my head was much clear....



Parkour In The Forest


So it started with running, when after years running just wasn't enough, that's when I begin to don't mind if some obstacles was ahead, I would go over it in the most efficient way ( I should say also that when I learned and practice the most was when I was living in a little city when a nice forest to play in ) so I begin to just jump over the fallen trees or maybe climb over small rocks  to keep running....and every time it was better, not only my movements where smooths, also the feeling was greater! bigger and better!
People use to give me a strange look , and my friend just laugh about it, but then one magic day.... I find out that what I was doing had a name ( and it wasn't Fox craziness xD ) , it was called Parkour! (also called as "free running").



So I felt really happy I wasn't the only one who believed that running around was a lot of fun, also after knowing the name of the "sport" ( and let me say something before I go on...I don't really think of Parkour as a sport, I truly believe Parkour is more like a way of living than a sport, but  because I think most people who doesn't know what Parkour is will understand better so probably I'll keep calling it "sport" in the future ) any way, after knowing the name of the game I was able to find a lot of material about it, and a lot of videos and spectacular pictures, different experiences, "new movements" for me and much more....


So....I still have a lot to learn, and a lot of training to do! So this blog is to invited all interested people to join me a learn more together! But please don't think I want to teach you or lead you or nothing, just for sharing! Free running is about that: FREE running xD


So like you know, there are no rules in Parkour, no winners or losers, as long as you achieve your goal you will be a winner from beginning to end, just keep training, be confident in your jumps, but never fall in over-confidence or you will learn by the bad way xD  Parkour is about enjoying the Present, and not living only in the future, Parkour is about been in harmony with your surrounding.

Well, I like more this definition, so i will stop here, but if you enjoy this post please comment and share! And stay in touch because more content is coming soon!  Thanks for reading and have a nice one!


I will repeat the last part once again, Parkour is about living the moment, you start with little and short moves...but  it only grows...all big movements starts small...The World is Your Play Ground To ;)
Fox out.

No comments:

Post a Comment